Monday 2 February 2015

The end of the Summer holiday is nigh...

As with all 'best laid plans', this years preparation for the new school year has gone somewhat to custard! Hubby had booked 4 days leave to take control of our midget terrorists so I could dedicate those days to setting up my new collaborative classroom space without the distraction our cherubs provide. Alas, the builders on sight were somewhat waylaid and nought could be done but wait... and wait...
This year brings a few changes. I've moved into a new block, while my partner in crime for the year has remained in the same classroom. There is now a sizeable hole in each of the internal walls, to provide for collaborative teaching spaces and lending the older building to a more modern learning environment approach to teaching.
At the end of the year, my 'stuff' was piled into a corner to await my return post-construction. It wasn't easy to look at it without feeling the overwhelming urge to run in the other direction. This is what I was met with:
The pile!

 Each internal wall has had a hole created, with a support beam maintained in the middle. These photo's were taken when we were yet to gain full access:
Hole through to Room 6
Hole through to room 8
 Our old cloak rooms have had the hooks removed in order to utilise the space as a learning area. We are going to use the space as a creative space. We feel it lends itself to that as the lino on the floor enables a wet area (or clean up!). We are also intending to put instruments out there as the doors can be closed to minimise the noise levels. A large work table will be placed out here for collaboration or art etc.
View to old cloakbay

It wasn't just my room that had a pile! Somehow our task was to combine these two classes into one wider learning space.
Towards Rm8



No comments:

Post a Comment

Like our learners, I appreciate any feedback/feedforward. Please leave me a comment. :-)