Monday 10 August 2015

TAI Maths target group

For my TAI, the following benchmarks were set, to form targets to work towards:

Benchmarks
Children will reach the following benchmarks on their journey.
Term 2
Operational Domain Focus- Add/Sub


Strategies with multi-digit numbers involve using tens and hundreds as abstract units that can be partitioned.
-Using part-whole strategies to solve problems e.g
*Making to ten
*Subtracting in tens
*Place value partitioning
*Addition in parts (with reversibility)
*Don’t Subtract Add

I have been using Level 3 unit plans when teaching my math groups. I have found that this has been a grest way for students to learn a variety of strategies at once, making critical decisions about which to use. One thing I have found, with my target group, is that they struggle to articulate what the strategies are.

I have been trying to optimise the digital devices available. One of the challenges with this has been the discrepancy in ability to use the devices when working with students that I am less familiar with from the other half of our syndicate. To overcome this, I have utilised the students from our 'Wing' to be 'teachers' or 'go to people' when akonga are struggling with something digital.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like our learners, I appreciate any feedback/feedforward. Please leave me a comment. :-)