Tuesday 13 March 2018

Stumbling at the start

After a cracking start with the beginnings of a Behaviour Plan in place, I was prepared for some clear strategies to put in place immediately. I had an easy choice over my target student... Clear Positive Opposite Behaviours... I had a plan of attack...

Until I didn't!

To put a bit of context around selection, we had worked with the RTLB Service as a hub, last year. Many of our Year 5/6 akonga had been highlighted by them so therefore weren't appropriate to use. Within days of beginning to put the wheels of my plan in motion, it became apparent that my Target Akonga was too extreme to be an appropriate choice. Immediate intervention needed to be put in place to benefit the child.

Hmmm... where to turn next...
Flying under the radar was an individual who often leaps onto the others bandwagon, easily distracted by others behaviours... Bingo!

I have formed a new Behaviour Plan for my new Target Akonga.
The positive Behaviours I'm targeting are:

  • Raise a quiet hand.
  • Listen attentively.
  • Engaged in task, on task.
  • Seeking positive reinforcement for positive behaviours.
The Proactive & Relational Building Strategies:
  • Sit at teachers feet.
  • Clear polite commands - Paint a picture of what you want.
  • Engaging tasks with supports (rewindable learning)
    • Make learning fun.
    • Agency over tasks (2/3 choices)
  • 2 for 10 each day to develop relationship. (2 mins 1:1 for 10 days in a row).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like our learners, I appreciate any feedback/feedforward. Please leave me a comment. :-)