Sunday 30 August 2020

Murray Gadd observation

8 steps to get a good a good writing lesson

1. Helping the kids to develop a topic (What are we gonna write about)
2. Develop the content. (I know what I'm gonna write about... possible content.)
3. Establish a task... (Am I going to use the content to persuade/inform)
4. Develop some success criteria (What am i going to have to good at to do this well?)
5. Demonstrate How to get ready/prepare/plan etc
6. Differentiate - who can have a go at doing this by themselves? WHo needs guidance/modelling etc
7. Teacher Roving (Who do I need to got to and what conversations do i need to have a long the way.
8. Sharing/celebrating

Instead of starting with the topic, establish the emphasis on content rather than the purpose of the lesson.

Emphasis on Topic for writing rather than the tool for writing.

Lock all that in your head, cos we're gonna use all of this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like our learners, I appreciate any feedback/feedforward. Please leave me a comment. :-)