Saturday 20 July 2019

Let the Digital Fluency Intensive Journey begin

 After opening my blog to copy the link I realised just how long it has been, and how remiss I have been since I last published a blog post!

Two terms have passed this year and what a year it has been so far! Term 2 went by in a whirl, with the benefit of having a Grad School intern to enable a lot of extra testing and teaching to take place.  I have experienced some of the highs and lows in my teaching career. 
A highlight has been our school Multicultural day, seeing a student get up and sing his beloved Fijian National Anthem, with Mum brought to tears. So proud. I've seen akonga get stuck in and become excited about learning. They've really leapt on board with the transition to digital learning and grasped the benefits it brings.
My low was the loss of a student. One of the kindest gentlest souls I have ever had the pleasure to meet. A child who naturally leapt in and helped, evading being seen to be doing it and not seeking praise. His massive smile, beautiful singing voice, and killer Fortnite dance moves will not be forgotten. A child that just wanted to be at school.

Looking ahead towards the beginning of term 3, I can't help but feel I'm hitting the reset button. I've spent a fairly selfish two weeks of non-contact time, just recharging and ensuring a bit of self-care. 

This term I am excited to be taking part in the Digital Fluency Intensive. I see it as a fantastic opportunity to both up my game as well as share my learning within my Kura.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Like our learners, I appreciate any feedback/feedforward. Please leave me a comment. :-)